G.S.R (E).- Whereas draft of certain rules further to amend the Registration and Licensing of Industrial Undertakings Rules, 1952, were published, as required by sub-section (1) of section 30 of the Industries (Development and Regulation) Act, 1951 (65 of 1951), vide notification of the Government of India in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade) number G.S.R. 145(E), dated the 20th February, 2019, in the Gazette of India Extraordinary, Part II, Sub-section (i) inviting objections and suggestions from all persons likely to be affected thereby, before the expiry of a period of thirty days from the date on which the copies of the Official Gazette in which the said notification is published, are made available to the public;
And whereas, the said Gazette notification was made available to the public on 25th February, 2019;
And whereas, no objections or suggestions have been received by the Central Government on the said draft rules;
Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 30 read with sections 10 and 11 sub-section (2) section 12 and sections 13 and 14 of the Industries (Development and Regulation) Act, 1951 (65 of 1951), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Registration and Licensing of Industrial Undertakings Rules, 1952, namely:-
1. (1) Short title and commencement. - These rules may be called the Registration and Licensing of Industrial Undertaking (Amendment) Rules, 2019.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Registration and Licensing of Industrial Undertakings Rules, 1952 (hereinafter referred to as the principal rules) for the words and brackets “Ministry of Industry (Department of Industrial Development)” or “Ministry of Industrial Development” wherever they occur, the words “Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade” shall respectively be substituted.
3. In the principal rules, in rule 10, for sub-rule (2), the following sub-rule shall be substituted, namely:-
"(2) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint one or more committees, consisting of such number of members as it may think fit, to represent the Ministries or Departments of the Central Government dealing with,-
(a) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade;
(b) Industries specified in the First Schedule to the Act;
(c) Home Affairs;
(e) Corporate Affairs:
Provided that the Central Government may, if it deems fit, include in such committee any other member to represent any other Ministry or Department.”.
4. In the principal rules, in rule 15, -
(i) in sub-rule (1) for the figure and words “3 months” the words “five months” shall be substituted;
(ii) in sub-rule (2) for the words “three months” the words “five months” shall be substituted.
Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, New Delhi, 20th September 2019
The entire contents of this article are solely for information purpose and have been prepared on the basis of relevant provisions and as per the information existing at the time of the preparation by the Author. Compliance Calendar LLP and the Author of this Article do not constitute any sort of professional advice or a formal recommendation. The author has undertaken utmost care to disseminate the true and correct view and doesn’t accept liability for any errors or omissions. You are kindly requested to verify and confirm the updates from the genuine sources before acting on any of the information’s provided hereinabove. Compliance Calendar LLP shall not be responsible for any loss or damage in any circumstances whatsoever.