S.O. 3860(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) and (2) of section 16 read with sub-section (3) of section 25 of the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016 (11 of 2016), the Central Government, after consulting the Bureau of Indian standards, is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do in the public interest, hereby makes the following Order, namely:-
1. Short title, commencement – (1) This Order may be called the Footwear made from Leather and other materials (Quality Control) Order, 2020.
(2) It shall come into force from the dated of its publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Compulsory use of Standard Mark.- Goods or articles specified in the column (2) of the Table shall conform to the corresponding Indian Standard specified in the column (3) of the said Table and shall bear the Standard Mark under a licence from the Bureau as per Scheme-I of Schedule-II of Bureau of Indian Standards (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018:
Provided that nothing in this order shall apply to goods or articles meant for export.
3. Certification and Enforcement Authority:- The Bureau of Indian Standards shall be the certifying and enforcing authority for the goods or articles specified in the column (2) of the said Table.
Sr. No. Goods or articles Indian Standard Title of Indian Standard
(1) (2) (3) (4)
1. Leather safety boots and shoes IS 1989 (Part 1): 1986 Specification for leather safety boots and shoes Part 1 for miners
IS 1989 (Part.2): 1986 Specification for leather safety boots and shoes Part 2 for heavy metal industries
2. Canvas Shoes Rubber Sole IS 3735: 1996 Canvas Shoes, Rubber Sole- Specification
3. Canvas Boots Rubber Sole IS 3736: 1995 Canvas Boots, Rubber Sole- Specification
4. Safety Rubber Canvas Boots for Miners IS 3976: 2018 Safety Rubber Canvas Boots for Miners-Specification
5. Leather safety footwear having direct moulded rubber sole IS 11226: 1993 Leather safety footwear having direct moulded rubber sole-Specification
6. Leather safety footwear with direct moulded polyvinyl chloride (PVC) sole IS 14544: 1998 Leather safety footwear with direct moulded polyvinyl chloride (PVC) sole – Specification
7. Sports footwear IS 15844: 2010 Sports Footwear- Specification
8. High ankle tactical boots with PU – Rubber sole IS 17012: 2018 High ankle tactical boots with PU – Rubber Sole – Specification
9. Antiriot shoes IS 17037: 2018 Antiriot shoes – Specification
10. Derby shoes IS 17043: 2018 Derby shoes – Specification
Note : For the purposes of this Table, the latest version of Indian Standards including the amendments issued thereof, as published and notified by the Bureau of Indian Standards from time to time, shall apply from the date of such notification.
The entire contents of this article are solely for information purpose and have been prepared on the basis of relevant provisions and as per the information existing at the time of the preparation by the Author. Compliance Calendar LLP and the Author of this Article do not constitute any sort of professional advice or a formal recommendation. The author has undertaken utmost care to disseminate the true and correct view and doesn’t accept liability for any errors or omissions. You are kindly requested to verify and confirm the updates from the genuine sources before acting on any of the information’s provided hereinabove. Compliance Calendar LLP shall not be responsible for any loss or damage in any circumstances whatsoever.