Are you the same people who think just like the title of this write then you must read it TILL THE END and give your view as well. In this write-up, I tried to pen down a piece of my thought process which may impact your day to day life as I gained this from my professional life. The word "leadership" can bring to mind a variety of images, Leadership is not easy to define, it means different to different people:
Leaders help themselves and others to do the right things. They set direction, build an inspiring vision, and create something new.
Leadership is a process by which an executive can direct, guide and influence the behavior and work of others towards the accomplishment of specific goals in a given situation. Leadership is the ability of a manager to induce the subordinates to work with confidence and zeal.
Leadership is the potential to influence the behavior of others. It is also defined as the capacity to influence a group towards the realization of a goal. Leaders are required to develop future visions, and to motivate the organizational members to want to achieve the visions.
According to Keith Davis, “Leadership is the ability to persuade others to seek defined objectives enthusiastically. It is the human factor which binds a group together and motivates it towards goals.”
LEADERSHIP IS AN IMPORTANT FUNCTION WHICH HELPS TO MAXIMIZE EFFICIENCY AND TO ACHIEVE GOALS. THE FOLLOWING POINTS JUSTIFY THE IMPORTANCE OF LEADERSHIP IN A CONCERN.
1. Acknowledge and appreciate people- Everyone wants to be valued. It is critical as a leader to give your people credit and recognition for the incredible things they do. One of the reasons people leave a job is because they feel underappreciated. A leader should never take the credit for the work that their people do. A good leader is a generous leader who recognizes people. Work recognition into the culture of your team. Make a conscious effort to call out your top producers in a recurring meeting. When others see a coworker being recognized, it infuses motivation into your team. Everyone will work harder to be the next person whose hard work is recognized.
2. Motivation- A leader proves to be playing an incentive role in the concern’s working. He motivates the employees with economic and non-economic rewards and thereby gets the work from the subordinates.
3. Providing guidance- A leader has to not only supervise but also play a guiding role for the subordinates. Guidance here means instructing the subordinates the way they have to perform their work effectively and efficiently.
4. Creating confidence- Confidence is an important factor which can be achieved by expressing the work efforts to the subordinates, explaining them clearly their role and giving them guidelines to achieve the goals effectively. It is also important to hear the employees with regards to their complaints and problems.
5. Building morale- Morale denotes willing co-operation of the employees towards their work and getting them into confidence and winning their trust. A leader can be a morale booster by achieving full co-operation so that they perform with the best of their abilities as they work to achieve goals.
6. Builds work environment- An efficient work environment helps in sound and stable growth. Therefore, human relations should be kept into the mind by a leader. He should have personal contacts with employees and should listen to their problems and solve them. He should treat employees on humanitarian terms.
7. Co-ordination- Co-ordination can be achieved through reconciling personal interests with organizational goals. This synchronization can be achieved through proper and effective co-ordination which should be the primary motive of a leader.
How adverse leadership may affect?
A particular danger in these situations is that people or organizations that are being managed by such an individual or group think they're being led, but they're not. There may actually be no leadership at all, with no one setting a vision and no one being inspired. This can cause serious problems in the long term.
The Crux of the Matter
On the basis of above, we can conclude that a leader is a person who influences other people to accomplish the desired goal, leader accepts challenges takes risk removing hurdles for his subordinates, he had different styles for different situations. A leader is a role model for the organization. So, leadership is a mindset and attitude, not a position. It is about what you do and who you are, it’s not a job title.
The entire contents of this article are solely for information purpose and have been prepared on the basis of relevant provisions and as per the information existing at the time of the preparation by the Author. Compliance Calendar LLP and the Author of this Article do not constitute any sort of professional advice or a formal recommendation. The author has undertaken utmost care to disseminate the true and correct view and doesn’t accept liability for any errors or omissions. You are kindly requested to verify and confirm the updates from the genuine sources before acting on any of the information’s provided hereinabove. Compliance Calendar LLP shall not be responsible for any loss or damage in any circumstances whatsoever.