• Due date of all income tax return for F.Y. 2019-20 will be extended from 31st July 2020 & 31st October 2020 to 30th November 2020 and Tax Audit from 30th September 2020 to 31st October 2020.
• All pending refunds to charitable trust and non corporate businesses and profession including proprietorship, partnership, LLP and Co- operatives shall be issued immediately.
• Date of assessment getting barred on 30th September 2020 extended to 31st December 2020 and those getting barred on 31st March 2021 will be extended to 30th September 2021.
• Period for " VIVAD SE VISHWAS SCHEME" for making payment without additional amount will be extended to 31st December 2020.
• In order to provide more funds at the disposal of the taxpayers, the rates of Tax Deduction at Source ( TDS) for non- salaried specified Payments made to residents and rates of Tax Collection at Source ( TCS) for the specified receipts shall be reduced by 25% of the existing rates.
• Payment for Contract, Professional fees, interest, rent, dividend, commission, brokerage etc shall be eligible for this reduced rate of TDS.
• This reduction shall be applicable for the remaining part of the F.Y. 2020-21 i.e. from 14th May 2020 to 31st March 2021.
• This Measure will release liquidity of Rs.50,000 Crore.
• PF Contribution of both employer and employee will be reduced to 10% each from existing 12% each for all establishment covered by EPFO for next 3 Months.
Rs. 3 Lakh Crore collateral free automatic loans for MSMEs
Emergency credit line for businesses/MSMEs from Banks and NBFCs upto 20% of entire outstanding credit as on 29 February 2020.
Main Features of this Loan as Follows:
• Eligibility: Borrowers with up to Rs. 25 Crore outstanding and Rs. 100 Crore Turnover.
• Tenor: 4 Year tenor with moratorium of 12 months on principal Payment.
• Interest to be capped.
• 100% Credit Guarantee cover to Banks and NBFCs on principal and interest.
• Scheme can be availed till 31st October 2020.
• No guarantee fee, No fresh collateral.
Benefits: 45 Lakh units can resume business activity and safeguard jobs.
Rs. 30,000 Crore Special Liquidity Scheme for NBFCs/ HFCs / MFIs
• NBFCs/HFCs/MFIs are finding it difficult to raise money in debt markets.
• Government will launch a Rs.30,000 Crore Special Liquidity Scheme.
• Under this scheme investment will be made in both Primary and Secondary market transaction in investment grade debt paper of NBFCs/HFCs/MFIs.
• Will supplement RBI/ Government measures to argument liquidity.
• Securities will be fully guaranteed by Government of India.
• This will provide liquidity support for NBFCs/HFCs/MFIs and mutual funds and crate confidence in the market.
Global tenders to be disallowed up to Rs. 200 crores.
Other measures to be kept in mind:
• On the request of Government of India, RBI raised the ways and means advance limits of states by 60% and enhanced the overdraft duration limit.
• Issued all the pending income tax refund up to Rs. 5 Lakhs, immediately benefiting around 14 Lakh taxpayers.
• Implemented " Special refund and drawback disposal drive" for all pending refunds and drawback claims.
• Both the above measures amount to Rs. 18,000 Crore of refund.
• Sanctioned Rs. 15,000 Crore for Emergency Health Response Package.
• Provided relaxation in statutory and compliance matters such as:
• Extending last date for income tax return to 30th June 2020.
• Extending filing GST Returns to end June 2020.
• 24*7 custom clearance till 30 th June 2020.
• Relaxation for 3 months for debit cardholders to withdraw cash free from any ATMs.
• Allowing Payment before 15th May 2020 for Motor Vehicle and Health Insurance Policy.
• Mandatory Board Meeting extended by 60 days till 30th September.
• Allowing Extraordinary General Meeting through video conferencing with e-voting/ simplified voting facility.
The entire contents of this article are solely for information purpose and have been prepared on the basis of relevant provisions and as per the information existing at the time of the preparation by the Author. Compliance Calendar LLP and the Author of this Article do not constitute any sort of professional advice or a formal recommendation. The author has undertaken utmost care to disseminate the true and correct view and doesn’t accept liability for any errors or omissions. You are kindly requested to verify and confirm the updates from the genuine sources before acting on any of the information’s provided hereinabove. Compliance Calendar LLP shall not be responsible for any loss or damage in any circumstances whatsoever.