Notification No. 30/2020-Income Tax/G.S.R. 329(E) dated 28.05.2020- CBDT notifies new form for 26AS which shall also include information relating to assessee’s specified financial transaction (Information of property and share transactions etc.), payment of taxes, demand/ refund and pending / completed proceedings
Notification No. 29/2020-Income Tax [G.S.R. 315(E)dated 27.05.2020- CBDT amended Guidelines for application of section 9A. It contains provisions related to Certain activities not to constitute business connection in India
CBDT notified the year of applicability of the ‘Safe Harbour Rules for International Transactions’ for AY 2020-21, as the existing rules were applicable only up to AY 2019-20
Circular no. 12/2020 dated 20th May 2020- Section 269SU (using online mode for payments) is not applicable for specified person having only B2B transactions
Circular no. 11/2020 dated 8th May 2020- CBDT issues a circular for exclusion of period of 22nd March 2020 to 31st March 2020 for computation of residential status for the financial year 2019-20
Notification dated 28.05.2020- Instant PAN facility basis Aadhar based e-KYC launched. Now PAN can be obtained near to real time basis
Ref. relief measures announced by FM dated 13th May 2020- Reduction of Tax deduction at Source and Tax collected at Source by 25% or remaining period of FY 2020-21
Press release dated 9th May 2020- New procedure for registration , approval, etc. of certain entities deferred to 1st October, 2020
Income Tax Compliance Calendar – JUNE 2020
CBDT vide the Taxation and Other Laws (Relaxation of Certain Provisions) Ordinance, 2020 ?dated 31-03-2020 has extended all respective due dates, falling during the period from 20-03-2020 to 29-06-2020, till June 30, 2020. The benefit of extended due date shall not be available in respect of payment of tax. However, any delay in payment of tax which is due for payment from 20-03-2020 to 29-06-2020 shall attract interest at the lower rate of 0.75% for every month or part thereof if same is paid after the due date but on or before 30-06-2020.
Things to remember
· Due date for deposit of Tax deducted/collected for the month of May, 2020. However, all sum deducted/collected by an office of the government shall be paid to the credit of the Central Government on the same day where tax is paid without production of an Income-tax Challan
· Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under section 194-IA in the month of April, 2020
· Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under section 194-IB in the month of April, 2020
· Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under section 194M in the month of April, 2020
· Due date for furnishing of Form 24G by an office of the Government where TDS/TCS for the month of May, 2020 has been paid without the production of a challan
· Quarterly TDS certificates (in respect of tax deducted for payments other than salary) for the quarter ending March 31, 2020
· First instalment of advance tax for the assessment year 2021-22
· Certificate of tax deducted at source to employees in respect of salary paid and tax deducted during Financial Year 2019-20
· Due date for furnishing statement in Form no. 3BB by a stock exchange in respect of transactions in which client codes been modified after registering in the system for the month of May, 2020
· Due date for e-filing of a statement (in Form No. 3CEK) by an eligible investment fund under section 9A in respect of its activities in financial year 2019-20
· Due date for furnishing of challan-cum-statement in respect of tax deducted under section 194-IA in the month of May, 2020
· Due date for furnishing of challan-cum-statement in respect of tax deducted under section 194-IB in the month of May, 2020
· Due date for furnishing of challan-cum-statement in respect of tax deducted under section 194M in the month of May, 2020
· Return in respect of securities transaction tax for the financial year 2019-20
· Quarterly return of non-deduction of tax at source by a banking company from interest on time deposit in respect of the quarter ending March 31, 2020
· Statement to be furnished (in Form No. 64C) by Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) to units holders in respect of income distributed during the previous year 2019-20
· Report by an approved institution/public sector company under Section 35AC(4)/(5) for the year ending March 31, 2020
· Due date for furnishing of statement of income distributed by business trust to its unit holders during the financial year 2019-20. This statement is required to be furnished to the unit holders in form No. 64B
Lady Floreance Education Society vs CIT (ITAT Delhi)
Registration under section 12AA cannot be rejected merely on the basis of suspicion.
South Staffordshire PLC, Vs DCIT (International Taxation) (ITAT Delhi)
Appeal can be signed by authorised POA holder of Foreign company.
Thar Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. Vs ITO (ITAT Delhi)
Section 43B is not applicable on RTO registration fees collected from customers.
BM Sarin Vs ACIT
If reply to email notices is not done due to computer illiteracy, then it is consider genuine reason.
PCIT vs SKI retail Capital Ltd
No reassessment after 4 years in case there was no disclosure failure on the part of Assessee.
ITO vs Satish Singh Bhati
Assessment done without issuing notice under section 143(2), shall not be considered valid.
The entire contents of this article are solely for information purpose and have been prepared on the basis of relevant provisions and as per the information existing at the time of the preparation by the Author. Compliance Calendar LLP and the Author of this Article do not constitute any sort of professional advice or a formal recommendation. The author has undertaken utmost care to disseminate the true and correct view and doesn’t accept liability for any errors or omissions. You are kindly requested to verify and confirm the updates from the genuine sources before acting on any of the information’s provided hereinabove. Compliance Calendar LLP shall not be responsible for any loss or damage in any circumstances whatsoever.