F. No. 275/38/2017-IT(B) GOVERNMENT OF INDIA MINISTRY OF FINANCE DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES
North Block, New Delhi
Date: 13th December, 2017
ORDER UNDER SECTION 119 OF THE INCOME-TAX ACT, 1961
Due to certain technical issues faced by NSDL’s gateway for e-payment of tax on 7th November, 2017, some taxpayers/ deductors were unable to make e-payment of tax deducted/ collected for certain period on that date. In order to redress genuine hardship faced by such taxpayers/ deductors, the Central Board of Direct Taxes. in exercise of powers conferred under section 119(2) of the Income-tax Act, 196, hereby extends the due date of deposit of tax deducted at source/ tax collected at source during the month of October. 2017 from 7th November, 2017 to 8th November, 2017.
(Sandeep Singh) Under Secretary to the Government of India Tele: 23094182
1) OSD to FM/PS to MOS (R )
2) PS to Secretary (Revenue)
3) Chairman (DT), All Members, Central Board of Direct Taxes
4) All Pr CCsIT/ Pr DsGIT/DsGIT/CCsIT
5) All Joint Secretaries/CsIT, CBDT
6) DIT (PP, PR & OL) for necessary action.
7) DGIT (Systems), New Delhi, for appropriate change in the software of the System.
8) The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, IP Estate, New Delhi-110002
9) CIT (Media): Official Spokesperson of CBDT
10) Database Cell with a request to upload the order on the website irsofficersonline.gov.in.
11) Web manager, National Website, ITD for uploading the Order on the website for wider publicity.
(Sandeep Singh) Under Secretary to the Government of India
The entire contents of this article are solely for information purpose and have been prepared on the basis of relevant provisions and as per the information existing at the time of the preparation by the Author. Compliance Calendar LLP and the Author of this Article do not constitute any sort of professional advice or a formal recommendation. The author has undertaken utmost care to disseminate the true and correct view and doesn’t accept liability for any errors or omissions. You are kindly requested to verify and confirm the updates from the genuine sources before acting on any of the information’s provided hereinabove. Compliance Calendar LLP shall not be responsible for any loss or damage in any circumstances whatsoever.