Most of the Sections of the COMPANIES AMENDMENT ACT, 2017 are NOW APPLICABLE. In this Article, the Author has made an attempt to SIMPLIFY the TOP 25 NEW & AMENDED Provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 by the COMPANIES AMENDMENT ACT, 2017.
SIMPLIFIED PROVISIONS / AMENDMENTS
For New Companies NAME APPLIED shall be Available for 20 Days & For Existing Co. 60 Days.
CHANGE IN REG OFF.
Companies to Notify the ROC in 30 days IN CASE OF ANY CHANGE IN REG. OFF.
FORMATION OF COMPANY
If at any time the number of members of a company is reduced below the minimum prescribed and the company carries on business for more than six months.
Every member of the Company shall be PERSONALLY LIABLE FOR DEBTS DURING THAT PERIOD.
1. THE CFS of the company WILL INCLUDE FINANCIAL STATEMENT (FS) OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND ASSOCIATES.
2. Listed company to place on its website, separate audited accounts of its each subsidiary.
3. FORGN SUBS: If No Audit applicable in that Country Place the UNAUDITED FS for consolidation.
FINANCIAL STATEMENT & BOARD REPORT
1. CEO SHALL SIGN THE FS of the Company IRRESPECTIVE OF THE FACT IF THE CEO IS DIRECTOR IN COMPANY OR NOT.
2. NO MGT – 9 REQUIRED IN BOARD REPORT. PLACE IT ON WEBSITE AND GIVE LINK IN ANNUAL REPORT (AR).
3. CG TO PRESCRIBE A SIMPLER BOARD REPORT FORMAT FOR OPC & SMALL CO.
1. CO. HAVING: NET WORTH: Rs. 500 Crs.. TURNOVER: Rs. 1000 Crs. NET PROFIT: Rs. 5 Crs. DURING THE IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING FINANCIAL YEAR SHALL CONSTITUTE A CSR COMMITTEE.
2. IN CASE CO. IS NOT REQUIRED TO HAVE INDEPENDENT DIRECTOR COMMITTEE SHALL HAVE 2 OR MORE DIR.
RIGHT OF MEMBERS TO RECV. FIN. STATEMENTS.
CO. CAN SEND AUDITED FS. TO MEMBERS
Ratification of Auditors
RATIFICATION OF AUDITORS EVERY YEAR AT AGM. NOW REMOVED.
FIRST DIR. / MEM. TO GIVE A “self declaration” INSTEAD OF ‘affidavit’ REGARDING conviction.
DETAILS OF INDEBTNESS IN AR – OMMITTED.
Unlisted company may hold its AGM / EGM anywhere in India if consented by all members in writing or in electronic mode.
The requirement of deposit of rupees one lakh with respect to nomination of directors REMOVED FOR ID & DIR. NOMINATED BY NRC.
PLACE OF KEEPING REGISTER/RETURNS
FILING OF SR in advance in respect of members approval for keeping register/returns at any other place in India then REG. OFF. – REMOVED.
1. 76A, 132, 140, 147 and 180 amended to reduce the penal provisions.
2. Two new sections for determining the OPC and small companies are inserted.
3. In case of professional or other misconduct on the part of the auditor / auditor firm, the NFRA has the power to impose penalty.
INTRODUCTION OF U.A.I.N. - Universally Accepted Identification Number. ITS SIMILAR TO D.I.N.
LOAN TO DIRECTORS
The COMPLETE SECTION HAS BEEN CHANGED to give greater clarification and allowing genuine transactions and would be dealt with in a separate article to be published on this website.
1. The requirement of approval of the CG for Managerial Remuneration, above the prescribed limits (even exceeding 11% of net profits) has been REMOVED.
2. SR by shareholders in general meeting will be sufficient.
3. CG APPROVAL ONLY NEEDED IF PART – 1 OF SCH. V NOT COMPLIED WITH.
4. AUD. REPORT TO INCLUDE: Payment of remuneration in conformity with the provisions of the Act.
1. Foreign companies having INCIDENTAL TRANSACTIONS through electronic mode ARE EXEMPTED FROM REGISTERING AND COMPLIANCE REGIME.
2. Branch, Liaison or Project Offices established by foreign company in India NEEDS REGN. IN INDIA.
FEE FOR FILING
1. Additional filing fees structure proposed to be brought in line with the LLP.
2. 270 days shelter removed
3. FS & Annual Return WOULD BE FILED with delayed filing fees of Rs. 100/- per day
NOTE: In case of subsequent 2 or more defaults in submission of forms, higher fees may be prescribed.
1. The Private Placement process is simplified.
2. PVT. PLACEMENT TO COVER ALL SORT OF ISSUE EXCEPT RIGHT ISSUE.
3. Condensed format of private placement offer letter and application form to be made available.
4. Companies would be allowed to make offer of multiple security instruments simultaneously.
5. Penalty to be altered as: Twice the amount involved or 2 Crores whichever is lower.
6. PAS – 3 to be filed in 15 DAYS OF ALLOTMENT. (Time limit altered).
Def of Associate Co.
Major Change: The existing provision of “at least 20% total share capital” amended.
Ø Significant influence shall now include:
Ø Control through total voting power only & not just by holding Sh. Capital
Ø OR Control of or participation in business decisions under an agreement.
Ø Agreement is essential element to establish control.
Ø Term JV clarified – covers all partner of JV.
Associate company of a company if incorporated outside India CAN ALSO APPLY TO THE TRIBUNAL FOR A DIFFERENT FINANCIAL YEAR.
1. Holding "company" includes any body corporate;
Def. of KMP
KMP MAY NOW ALSO INCLUDE: Officer not more than one level below the directors who is in whole time employment and designated as KMP by the Board.
Def of Subsidiary Co.
company where the holding company controls the composition of the Board of Directors or exercises or controls more than one-half of the TOTAL VOTING POWER either on its own or together with one or more of its subsidiary companies.
The entire contents of this article are solely for information purpose and have been prepared on the basis of relevant provisions and as per the information existing at the time of the preparation by the Author. Compliance Calendar LLP and the Author of this Article do not constitute any sort of professional advice or a formal recommendation. The author has undertaken utmost care to disseminate the true and correct view and doesn’t accept liability for any errors or omissions. You are kindly requested to verify and confirm the updates from the genuine sources before acting on any of the information’s provided hereinabove. Compliance Calendar LLP shall not be responsible for any loss or damage in any circumstances whatsoever.