As we aware that ICSI Launched new syllabus for CS executive & Professional Programme. Lets we discussed briefly for more clarity in the New V/s old syllabus & which is the last date for applicability of old syllabus.
There are total 8 papers divided into 2 Modules in CS Executive Programme(w.e.f. 01.03.2018)
Module I (4 Papers)
1. JURISPRUDENCE, INTERPRETATION & GENERAL LAWS
2. COMPANY LAW
3. SETTING UP OF BUSINESS ENTITIES AND CLOSURE
4. TAX LAWS
Module II (4 Papers)
5. CORPORATE & MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
6. SECURITIES LAWS & CAPITAL MARKETS
7.ECONOMIC, BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL LAWS
8. FINANCIAL AND STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
* Each paper at the Executive Programme Examination will be of three hours duration and will carry 100 marks. It is Compulsory to each & every subject more than 40 Marks & Total of each module more than 200 Marks.
There are total 9 papers divided into 3 Modules CS Professional Programme (w.e.f. 1st September 2018)
Module 1 (3 Papers)
1. GOVERNANCE, RISK MANAGEMENT, COMPLIANCES AND ETHICS
2. ADVANCED TAX LAWS
3. DRAFTING, PLEADINGS AND APPEARANCES
Module 2 (3 Papers)
4. SECRETARIAL AUDIT
5. CORPORATE RESTRUCTURING
6. RESOLUTION OF CORPORATE DISPUTES
Module 3 (3 Papers)
7. CORPORATE FUNDING & LISTINGS IN STOCK EXCHANGES
8. MULTIDISCIPLINARY CASE STUDIES
9. ELECTIVES 1 OUT OF BELOW 8 SUBJECTS (THE EXAMINATION FOR THIS PAPER WILL BE OPEN BOOK EXAMINATION)
9.1. BANKING LAW AND PRACTICE
9.2. INSURANCE LAW AND PRACTICE
9.3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS– LAWS AND PRACTICES
9.4. FORENSIC AUDIT
9.5. DIRECT TAX LAW & PRACTICE
9.6 LABOUR LAWS & PRACTICE
9.7 VALUATIONS & BUSINESS MODELLING
9.8 INSOLVENCY – LAW AND PRACTICE
* Each paper at the Professional Programme Examination will be of three hours duration and will carry 100 marks. It is Compulsory to each & every subject more than 40 Marks & Total of each module more than 200 Marks.
*The examination for the Paper 8: Multidisciplinary Case Studies and Paper 9: Elective Paper will be open book examination.
Applicability of the New Syllabus:
Further, students registered under Executive and Professional syllabus (2017) shall have to successfully complete a Pre-Examination Test to become eligible to enrol and appear in the Executive and Professional Examinations.
-The first examination of the Executive Programme under the new syllabus shall be held in December 2018
-Candidates registered effective from 1st March 2018 shall be examined under the new syllabus.
- Candidates registered prior to 1st March 2018 shall be allowed to appear in the Executive Program Examination under the old syllabus upto and including December 2019.
- Candidates registered prior to 1st March 2018 will be permitted to appear in the Executive Program Examination under the new syllabus if they so opt.
Applicability of New Syllabus for the Professional Programme Students:
- The first examination of the Professional Programme under the new syllabus shall be held in June 2019.
- Candidates registered effective from 1st September 2018 shall be examined under new syllabus.
- Candidates registered prior to 1st September 2018 will be permitted to appear in the Professional Programme Examination under the old syllabus upto and including June 2020.
- Candidates registered prior to 1st September 2018 will be permitted to appear in the Professional Programme Examination under the new syllabus if they so opt.
- The last examination of the Professional Programme under the old syllabus shall be held in June 2020.
-From and including December 2020, Professional Programme Examination shall be held under the new syllabus only.
Qualification: COMPANY SECRETARY Company: Yashree Dixit & Associates Location: Ahmedabad
Member Since: 17 Mar 2018 | Total Articles Contributed:11
About Author : Practising Company Secretary from Ahmedabad, Expert of Corporate Law Consultancy,Pursuing Ph.D,Corporate Trainer,Visiting Faculty at IICA & ICSI Ahmedabad Chapter,Research Enthusiast & Socialpreneur.
The entire contents of this article are solely for information purpose and have been prepared on the basis of relevant provisions and as per the information existing at the time of the preparation by the Author. Compliance Calendar LLP and the Author of this Article do not constitute any sort of professional advice or a formal recommendation. The author has undertaken utmost care to disseminate the true and correct view and doesn’t accept liability for any errors or omissions. You are kindly requested to verify and confirm the updates from the genuine sources before acting on any of the information’s provided hereinabove. Compliance Calendar LLP shall not be responsible for any loss or damage in any circumstances whatsoever.